What Is Regenerative Medicine?
Regenerative medicine is a straightforward combination of basic biological principles and modern medicine.
When you suffer an injury or illness, you may have some tissues that are lost or damaged. During the healing process, your body may replace these tissues with scar tissue, but native tissue would be better. We can use regenerative medicine to encourage your body to do what it does naturally, finishing the healing process by replacing scar tissue with native tissue. This can help you restore your functionality, flexibility, and range of motion.
What Are Regenerative Medicine Techniques?
Regenerative medicine techniques are treatment options that help your body restore or replace damaged or missing tissue. Two of our most popular treatment options include stem cell treatment and our Connective Tissue Matrix.
Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy in The Woodlands
At Houston Spine & Regenerative Medicine, we can use mesenchymal stem cells to replace lost or damaged tissue. Mesenchymal Stem cells can differentiate into the exact type of tissue you are missing. This could include tendons, ligaments, or cartilage, which can help you complete the recovery process without requiring surgery.
Connective Tissue Matrix in The Woodlands
We also have a treatment option called the Connective Tissue Matrix. This is a novel treatment technique that we can implant in a damaged area of the body. Then, this matrix will protect your injured body part while fostering the healing process, encouraging your body to heal itself naturally.
What Does Regenerative Medicine Treat?
There are several conditions that we can treat using regenerative medicine. They include:
- Degenerative Disc Disease: If the discs in between the vertebrae in your back are starting to degenerate, we can use regenerative medicine to restore your discs and treat back pain.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: If you have a tear in your rotator cuff, we can treat your shoulder pain, encouraging the rotator cuff to heal naturally using regenerative medicine.
- Meniscus Tear: Knee pain could be caused by a tear of the meniscus, and we can use regenerative medicine to encourage your meniscus tissue to regenerate and heal itself.
- Facet Joint Arthritis: Facet joint arthritis leads to the degradation of cartilage in between the facet joints in your back. We can use regenerative medicine to restore that cartilage and improve your flexibility.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis is one of the most common types of arthritis. This leads to the loss of cartilage in between the joints throughout your body. We can use regenerative medicine to restore this cartilage and help you recover.
In addition to these conditions, the team from Houston Spine & Regenerative Medicine can help you treat several general symptoms as well. They include:
- Loss of Mobility: If you are struggling to regain your mobility, we can use regenerative medicine to restore your tissues and make it easier for you to walk, run, and move.
- Low Back Pain: Low back pain has a wide variety of causes, and our certified medical professionals can figure out where your low back pain is coming from and devise treatment options using regenerative medicine.
- Knee Pain: Knee pain can make it very difficult for you to walk, run, and take the stairs. We can use regenerative medicine to help you restore knee tissues and treat your discomfort.
- Wrist Pain: If you suffer from wrist pain, you might have carpal tunnel or arthritis. We can use regenerative medicine to help you address this discomfort.
- Shoulder Pain: Shoulder pain can have a serious impact on her quality of life, and we can use regenerative medicine to treat this discomfort.
- Elbow Pain: If you have pain in your elbow from golf, tennis, baseball, or other activities, we can customize a treatment plan for you.
- Neck Pain: We can also use regenerative medicine to treat numerous causes of neck pain, including whiplash.
Count on Houston Spine & Regenerative Medicine to help you recover from these symptoms.
Can I Become a Candidate for Regenerative Medicine?
To become a candidate we will let undergo some tests and examined our doctor. If you are looking for highly trained doctors who can help you recover while limiting complications and side effects, we are here for you.
We are Houston Spine & Regenerative Medicine, and we have numerous treatment options that we can customize to meet your body's needs. We pride ourselves on educating our patients, and we will work with you to customize a treatment plan that has been tailored to meet your needs. Contact us
today to make an appointment.