What Are Mesenchymal Stem Cells?
If you are interested in regenerative mesenchymal stem cell therapy, it is important to talk about what stem cells are. Mesenchymal Stem cells are essentially the body's raw materials that it uses to generate all other types of cells. Mesenchymal stem cells have not yet been divided into specific types of cells. Therefore, they have the potential to become just about any type of cell in the body.
For example, if you are missing cartilage in between your knees, you might benefit from mesenchymal stem cells because they can divide into cartilage, helping you replace that missing tissue. Instead of having to replace damaged tissue with scar tissue, you can replace it with the original tissue, helping to achieve a more complete recovery.
At Houston Spine & Regenerative Medicine, we use mesenchymal stem cells as a part of our stem cell therapy treatment options. They can divide into a variety of types of cells, helping you recover from injuries.
How Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy Works
Conditions and Symptoms Treated by Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy
There are a variety of conditions and symptoms that we treat using stem cell therapy. Some of the most common examples include:
- Tennis Elbow: Also called lateral epicondylitis, this is pain that occurs on the outside of the elbow. We can use stem cell therapy to alleviate inflammation and facilitate the recovery process.
- Golfer’s Elbow: Golfer's elbow is also called medial epicondylitis. This is inflammation on the inside of the elbow. We can use stem cell therapy to treat this condition.
- Plantar Fasciitis: Plantar fasciitis develops from inflammation on the bottom of the foot. We can use stem cell therapy to restore the plantar fascia and alleviate discomfort.
- Osteoarthritis: Osteoarthritis develops when the cartilage between the joints has degraded. We can use stem cell therapy to restore missing cartilage.
- Tendinitis: Tendonitis develops from inflammation where the muscles meet the bones. We can use stem cell therapy to alleviate tendon inflammation.
- Pain and Discomfort in the Knees: If you have knee pain, we can help you. We can address meniscus, ligament, and tendon injuries.
- Long-Term Discomfort in the Shoulder: We can use stem cell therapy to treat long-term discomfort in the shoulder, including rotator cuff injuries, bursitis, and frozen shoulder.
- Wrist Pain and Irritation: If you have wrist pain and irritation, we can use stem cell therapy to target injured tissues and restore them.
- Chronic Inflammation of the Hands and Feet: Irritation and inflammation involving the hands and feet can be difficult to manage. Let us use stem cell therapy to help you recover.
- Ankle Sprains and Strains: If you have ankle sprains, strains, and other injuries, we can help you heal muscles, ligaments, and tendons.
- Acute and Chronic Joint Pain: We can use stem cell therapy to treat both acute and chronic joint pain, including pain from arthritis.
Who Can Be a Candidate for Mesenchymal Stem Cell Therapy?
At Houston Spine & Regenerative Medicine, we provide stem cell therapy in The Woodlands and Houston. If you have been suffering from joint pain or discomfort, we can help you improve your quality of life without using prescription medications or invasive surgical procedures.
We can help you minimize complications and side effects while also providing quality services. If you are interested in regenerative medicine using stem cell therapy, contact us
to make an appointment.